Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Editing Text Input Table in the Analytic App

Bazal
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there, I have a predefined text input table in my workflow with Currency rates that I want the user to be able to update every time the workflow is ran but just not sure how to do it with the text box tool. 

Updating one cell is fine but I would want the user to be able to view the table and make any needful changes, lets say update current rate or add new currencies (new rows) which then gets joined onto the main data.

please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

Can you change the currency table to a file input that user can update and then load in?

Bazal
6 - Meteoroid

Could be possible but in ideal word, I'd want changes to be happening only in the workflow. Also, even when using the file input, I'd expect the user to be editing the file in Alteryx 'shell' rather than in the excel/csv file separately. 

Bazal
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for sharing this Bren but this was not of much help.

I am trying to build the functionality to allow the user to edit the existing values and add more cells to the existing columns if needed; all in the app screen itself. 

This is the text input table that I have and needs manipulating on every run.

Labels