Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Edit download tool globally

aleczek12
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I have around 12 Download Tools in my Workflow and I need to edit authorization header in all of them in a same way ( changing Smartsheet token ).

I know I can do it manually and it's going to take 10-15 minutes, but I'm wondering if there is a way to edit this data globally without taking tools one by one. Does anybody know if this is possible? 

aleczek12_0-1683798498676.png

2 REPLIES 2
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @aleczek12 , you can use the 'Find and Replace' functionality in Designer to do this.

Press Ctrl + F to bring up the window. Copy and paste the old key into the 'Find' box, and the new key into the 'Replace' box.

Press 'Replace All' to change all of the keys at once:

FinnCharlton_1-1683800597585.png

Hope this helps! Also consider having the headers within the workflow rather than hard-coded into the tools.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If your Bearer Token is likely to change frequently (and I imagine it is) I would consider appending it to all your data streams and selecting it from the field like so,

PhilipMannering_0-1683806171645.png

Of course, this is a bit more work up front, but should be more dynamic.

Labels