Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic select field

Jes_Li
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have an Excel with about 40 fields. I want to select a field has a record equals "Account" and a field has a record equils "Date" (the ones I highlighted). How can I select them in a dynamic way? 

There are 70 sheets with "Account" in different fields and different rows. But for every sheet, only one field has "Account" key word and only one field has "Date" key word. 

Before:

Jes_Li_0-1575188989785.png

After:

Jes_Li_1-1575189022967.png

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Htaneja2
7 - Meteor

you need the name of row or column for the field that includes the specified string??

Jes_Li
7 - Meteor

Hi Htaneja,

Thanks for your reply. I just need to select those fields(with a keyword "Account" and "Date" and unselect other fields.

Just like Select Tool, but in a dynamic way, because I have 70+ sheets and each sheet has different fields include "Account" and "Date", I can't put 70+ Select Tools to select those 2 fields in each sheet and rename them as "Account" and "Date". Hope it makes sense.

I upload a sample for your reference.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Jes_Li,

I believe this is what you're trying to achieve?

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels