Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic parameter in run command tool

Pennynomoney
5 - Atom

Hi Team, 

I am trying to use the run command tool to move the a download workflow to another location, since every time the download file location is different, I have to make parts of the command arguments as an parameter which was generated by previous step. I use the recommendation from community to make a batch macro, and I got an error as below:

Pennynomoney_0-1686605553849.png

I've checked the folder, it is there. I have no idea what else I can troubleshot.

Here is the macro setting:

Pennynomoney_1-1686605645662.png

4 REPLIES 4
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Pennynomoney 

It is not necessary to use cmd
put the direct copy command
and the options in the box below without the copy command

geraldo_0-1686626701417.png

another option is to pass the tempfile parameter to the dynamic input tool according to this configuration and copy it using the output data tool

geraldo_1-1686626753322.png

Pennynomoney
5 - Atom

Hi @geraldo , thank you for response. I may not explain very well. The purpose is downloading the workflows from API, it gives the location where the downloaded WF at. I need make the column of the location as an parameter to let run command tool know it is gonna copy WF from this location to another location. So I don't think the second method gonna work. For the first one I tried to use only copy, and it ended up with an error 'Error: test (141): Record #1: Tool #1: Failed to run external program "copy": The system cannot find the file specified. (2)'

Pennynomoney_0-1686670373100.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Pennynomoney 

I gave you an example that does not run.

You have to get your tool and make the change I gave in the example.

I NOTICED THAT YOU DID NOT NAME THE INPUT AND OUTPUT FILES OF THE TOOL

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Pennynomoney 

Here's an example of how I could make the copy

Labels