Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic add to Date time add function

blakea
5 - Atom

Hello, 

Very new to the tool. I'm trying to start by building off of a spreadsheet I already have. The primary roadblock I have run into is working with dates. I am trying to calculate a runout date which I can do pretty simply in excel, but between formatting and an apparent inability to add outputs together with the DateTimeAdd function, I have hit a brick wall.

So I am trying to add number of days of stock I have available to the current date to give me a projection of when I will run out of stock. Seems like a pretty straight forward calculation, but every solution I have found seems to only use a static calculation. Any suggestions? Below is the suggestion of what I have started to work with, but I need -7 to refer back to a calculated field where each row would be different and "days" needs to output as a date.

DATETIMEADD(DateTimeToday(), -7, "days")

3 REPLIES 3
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

You can just replace the -7 with the field you want to use instead, e.g. DATETIMEADD(DateTimeToday(), [Days], "days") where Days is a numeric field.

Christina_Hurrell_0-1632145912581.png

blakea
5 - Atom

So strange, I tried that before and it didn't work, but seems to work now. Thanks!

khuebsch5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi -- what kind of data type needs to be selected for the numeric field? I've got a static field created to use, but whenever I replace -1 with the value in the field, it just nulls out.

Labels