Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Sum Date

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello to all.

I´m working on a workflow that show information from last month 

Now, the information comes from 2 different sources, and merge the data into one result.

That said, I have an issues with the summarize.

summ.jpg

As you can see, it shows that if I want to do the sum of a month, I must do it manually.

Is there a way in which the summarize could work automatically? Meaning that when a new “last” month exists it does the sum without someone going to the workflow and change it.

Thank You.

9 REPLIES 9
FilipR
11 - Bolide

Get rid of the pivots!

See the attachment. I fixed your workflow.

neromerob
10 - Fireball

hello @FilipR 

First of all, thank you for the help. 

It seems that need not one but two result from the workflow, something similar to the one that this workflows shows (similar to the previous one just with 2 browser instead of one) 

thank you again and sorry for the inconvenience. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@neromerob updated your workflow to calculate the total of the months as dynamic. Can you check and let me know is that something you are looking for?

binuacs_0-1657232935853.png

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @neromerob 

Highly recommend that you check this out: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Making-Dynamic-Workflows/td-p/330579

This is an excellent video that outlines the very commonly encountered situations e.g. if you "just" need to add month, you don't know how many columns, how to not manually sum many columns...

Especially when you are in Finance and FPA.

Dawn.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @neromerob, give this a try.

After first summarize you can do another summarize on the Month and then the sum of the total Trade. I have removed some steps. Please go thru the workflow once and see if this is what you are trying to achieve?

grazitti_sapna_0-1657257283714.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello. 

First of all,  Thanks @binuacs for the help 

The workflow should produce 2 outputs. one of then resulting of the join with table A and B and the other just with info of table B 

workflow.jpg

OUTPUTS.jpg

That what I need considering the dynamic part of the workflow. 

Thank you. 

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello @grazitti_sapna  and thank you for the assistance.

before I failed to explain that que workflow is intended to produce 2 results, as of this moment I just able to accomplish one of then. 

in the comment that I wrote to binuacs in this post it´s show how the to outputs should looks like. 

Thank you again. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@neromerob, I have made the changes please take a look.

grazitti_sapna_0-1657514492293.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
neromerob
10 - Fireball

Thank you to everyone it seems that is working 

Labels