Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Sheet Selection

Susoeffl
7 - Meteor

Hello!  

I am trying to pick up a file that may have extra spaces in the sheet name or be named somewhat different.  (for instance it is supposed to be "StringA StringB" but the sender only calls it "StringA" )

I am looking to pick up a file from a directory, then find the sheet LIKE StringA so I can match that to a dynamic input.  Is there any way to use the directory tool (or a different tool) to read in the sheet names so i can choose one?

I was thinking i could find the file from a directory tool and use the dynamic input to read the sheetnames then a second one to grab the actual sheet, but I did not see that capability.

Crew macro Excel Wild Card input does not work since there will be multiple files, but I only want the newest one.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Susoeffl you can use the solution from this post as it grabs all the sheets name of the excel files in the directory tool. You can then filter for sheet name that contain StringA then input those excel files into alteryx.

Susoeffl
7 - Meteor

Thank you! 

Labels