Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Outputting

Hamza199
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am relatively new to alteryx and am struggling to understand the concept of dynamic outputting.

Currently, I have a file with 10 tabs/worksheets. I have created a workflow per worksheet as each worksheet requires different analysis. Then, I output all worksheets to the same xlsx file and manually input the sheet name in the option when selecting output data. However, this can become quite manual when having to do it 10 times every week. 

I would like the sheet name to be the same as what it is when it is originally inputted. Therefore, I assume that there must be some way to tell alteryx to output this worksheet with the same name as sheet inputted.

Could someone please helps?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
21 - Polaris
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Hamza199 

You can input the filename and sheet name of an excel by choosing the 'full path' value in option 5:

OllieClarke_0-1643898788149.png

This will give you the fullpath of the file and sheet as a field in your stream:

OllieClarke_1-1643898829588.png

When you output your data, at the bottom of the output data tool there are these options:

OllieClarke_2-1643898888618.png

Which if you set them up as here, will output data to the specified fullpath (i.e. filename and sheetname) from the full path field, but not include that field in the output (unticking that box). 

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Hamza199
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thank you, it worked! 

Hamza

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels