Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Data Cleansing

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

In most cases at the end of my workflows, I will use the data cleanse tool to cleanup the data set. However, in this particular case, the columns, which are dates, will change every day. So, as a new date appears, the data cleanse tool will not dynamically update and include the new date column in the process. In the join tools, there that *unknown, which will include it, is there anything like that for the data cleanse?

6 REPLIES 6
kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

Hi @cstafford 

I tend to use the Multi-Field tool for data cleansing in cases like this as it allows for unknown fields

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I am trying the MF formula tool but it is asking for an expression. Is this the right tool? If so, how did you work around this? 

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @cstafford,

Would you be able to provide some sample data and which cleansing options are you using?

kboeckholt
7 - Meteor

@cstafford 

The expression to use will depend on what type of cleaning you want to do. If you can share your data cleansing configurations I could provide more specific examples.

I tend to use it for replacing null fields with blank by configuring like this:

kboeckholt_0-1677185920812.png

mwong
8 - Asteroid

This worked for me!  Thanks for the guidance

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

This worked, I created an expression to look at the current field and made sure the unknown box was checked so it sees all new data fields.

Labels