Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Downloading All Workflows From Gallery with v3 API Macros

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I had a workflow that would download all workflows from the gallery to a local as backup using the v1 endpoints for pre-2022.1 server. Now that we have upgraded, this workflow no longer works. I am having trouble figuring out how to get the v3 endpoints to do it with the macros that Alteryx provides. Has anyone been able to figure out how to do this? I have uploaded the old workflow that I used as a starting point.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Link86 

I don't believe there is a V3 endpoint for downloading a workflow, at least not one that is listed. And you're correct in that the Macro's Alteryx created didn't include that endpoint in their GET macro. You can continue using the V1 endpoint, but you need to update how it's performing the authentication since it now requires a auth bearer token vs. just the key/secret. You'll also need to adjust the url + endpoint it's calling:

• Old: host/gallery/api/admin/v1/[appId]/package
  • New: host/webapi/admin/v1/[appId]/package

Labels