Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Different Schema

ALLSEBS01
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have created the workflow below, which is collating all the tabs called mismatches in the spreadsheets in a certain folder and then it is taking a few columns out and then removing anything that = null in the column corrective action. 

It is then doing the same for the Negative tab, but also taking anything out that = progression. 

The workflow when ran is saying 'different schema' - however, I know that the files are the same, as to test it I have saved the same file 4 times and just changed the values in the corrective action column.  

I have looked at guidance and it is to create a batch macro, however I can't work out what settings I have done wrong as it just says "ToolID:4" has an error and the file is not a known format. 

I think as I need it to look at the different tabs as well as the different spreadsheets, a directory tool isn't the correct one to attach to the batch macro. 

I hope this all makes sense, I have attached some sample data and my first workflow without the macro.

Thank you so much.

7 REPLIES 7
ALLSEBS01
6 - Meteoroid

Attached is my workflow with Macro.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ALLSEBS01 

Alteryx will not like it when there are any differences between the files, and this includes datatypes - in Sample Accruals 1 it's identifying the field Corrective Action as a V_String, but in the other three files it's identifying that field as a Double, hence throwing the warning and not bringing the data in.

In this instance you will have to create a batch macro to process the files

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ALLSEBS01 ,

as @DavidSkaife  pointed out you are trying to load different files with different schemas. I built a couple of tools to get around this, and you can see a discussion of how to use them at the following thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Input-multiple-Excel-files-wit...

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ALLSEBS01 in your batch macro change the action tool setting to below and try again

image.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ALLSEBS01 

Looking at your macro you're almost there; as well as doing what @binuacs suggested you will also need to add the sheet name to the fullpath for it to work correctly using a Formula tool

[FullPath]+"|Mismatches$"

If you have a read through the link that @mceleavey provided it goes into more detail, and there are pre-built macros for you to use as well!

ALLSEBS01
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you! 

This has worked for me!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels