Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Date Time Manipulation

DeanLascota
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new with the application. I am working on a report where I need to filter data which is dependent on dates. I need to get rows of data where the date is less than a specific amount of days from current date. I am using the formula tool and the DateTime functions but I keep getting no to failed results.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@DeanLascota use the DateTimeAdd() and DateTimeToday() functions for your use case

binuacs_0-1684958012596.png

alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

@binuacs 's method is how I would do it.

You should also make sure that you are working with the right data types for your dates. It's not uncommon for Alteryx to read in dates from an input tool as strings, which only work in the DateTime functions if they are in the standard ISO format. If the dates are formatted as strings, you can use the DateTime tool to convert them. Good luck! 

DeanLascota
5 - Atom

Thank you for your help. I will update you as I progress. Appreciate you guys :)

Labels