Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data validation using multiples data sets

laurenn
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! 

I am trying to validate addresses located in one dataset using two other sets of data (one with cleaned states and the other with cleaned zip codes). I need to check for any mismatches and then mark those for review.  I am not sure how to properly do this though and would appreciate any advice on the best way to do so.   

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

For the states maybe you could uppercase both data sets and then join both data sets. Anything falling out the left hand side or right hand side (whichever side is the data set being validated) would indicate rows where the data has a non valid state. This same approach can be used on the zip codes using a join. 

laurenn
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Brandon, thank you! After the join, would I need to use the union tool to combine everything back together to export in one document?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yep that’s probably a good idea but maybe add a formula tool prior to union that says “state issue” or “zip issue” in the expression so that you know what issue exists with the row

Labels