Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Validation - Confirm amounts are the same across multiple sources

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I created a workflow that compares two sources of data and am trying to build in validation to confirm if amounts are the same instead of eyeballing the lines against each other. Please see the attached sample file.

The goal is to make sure that the state, city, gross amount, and tax amount are the same across both sources of data for each invoice by product. For example, for invoice 123456, product shirt, do both sources 1 and 2 have the same state, city, gross amount, and tax amount (in this example - the answer is no, the state and city match, but the gross and tax amounts do not). Note that the different sources bring in the state values differently, but WI vs WISCONSIN should be a match of data.

My thought was to put a "Y" or "N" next to each line as the validation of whether or not the data matched. Please see the potential output. Open to suggestions if anyone has a better way of displaying this.

Can anyone please share thoughts as to how to build this type of validation?

Thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@SteveMathews 
Maybe we can do something like this.

But I have to use a mapping file for the names of states.
In the Join tool, it is recommendable not to join with any numeric fields.

0807-SteveMathews.png

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

Thanks,

Steve

Labels