Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Transformation with indication

Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Dear Team,

I have a query in my workflow, Full workflow development is completed, no query on development part. 

I am facing issue after publishing in gallery, the reason is. If you see the attach workflow, there is filter tool does the identification whether it is GSTR1 or GSTR3B.

If it is "GSTR1", it give result as per above container 

if it is not as "GSTR1" then the result will give as per below container conditions.

In this case, in gallery how do i define. if it is satisfying the condition of "GSTR1" then turnoff the 2nd container conditions and give result for 1st container  or vise verse.

Hope interface tool help me, Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Khanzali007
8 - Asteroid

Attachment information.

Sample Input 1 = GSTR 1

Sample Input 2 = GSTR 3B

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Khanzali007 

There is no way to enable and disable containers from within the workflow that the containers are in.  To do this you need to use a macro.  

• Copy your two containers and paste them into a new workflow
  • Copy the first few lines from the output the second select tool in the main workflow and paste this into the new workflow.  It will show up as a Text Input tool. 
  • Right click on the new Text Input tool and select Convert to Macro Input.
  • Connect this new macro input to the first select in both of your containers
  • Add a new Control Parameter called "GSTR 1 Enabled" and connect this to both of the containers
  • In the action tool that controls the GSTR 1 container, Select update Value with Formula and enter the following formula if [#1] = "True" then "True" else "False" Endif
  • In the other action tools use this formula if [#1] = "False" then "True" else "False" Endif 
  • Save this new macro workflow in the same directory as your original workflow
  • In your main workflow, insert the macro and connect the output of the second Select tool to the bottom input of the macro. 
  • Add a Count Records tools after the T output of the filter tool
  • Add a Formula tool after this and add a new Boolean field called IsGSTR1 with this formula [Count]!=0
  • Connect the output of the formula tool to the inverted question mark input of the macro
  • On the questions tab of the config of the macro select the IsGSTR1 field in the drop down under the Choose field GSTR 1 Enabled question.
  • Disable both of the containers in the main workflow.

The control parameter will enable one container and disable the other depending on the value of IsGSTR1.  

For more information on creating macros, check out the Macros interactive training lessons 

Dan

Labels