Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Transformation - Merged Cells

hiteshnpwc
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am looking to transform the data where data gets updated in each sheet and want to merge all the sheets into 1 file. I have created workflow however if new columns are added in merged cell those are not being picked. Need your input to solve this issue.

Attached the workflow and Excel data.

2 REPLIES 2
Raj
16 - Nebula

See the main reason this is not working fine is because of the headers from each case what i suggest is make some changes into the macro itself to make dynamic headers then it will definitely solve the issue

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@hiteshnpwc I think you are trying to force the output regardless of schema, if not, then as @Raj suggested, that is your issue.

The problem is in the macro naming the fields. Because only the first set will match on field names, it is dropping the other worksheets. Check the box for "First Row Contains Data" in order to just have the fields named Field1, Field2, etc. I also included the filename with a RegEx Parse in the macro to break out just the worksheet name so you could filter your data downstream.

2023-07-04_08-49-18.jpg

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels