Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Mapping

SouravAudi
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have some fixed Columns in Excel and the columns will remain same but i need to change the data source each time. How I can upload my Column names present in the excel in Alteryx and map the columns with the data source and continue the same same workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SouravAudi

Here are a few potential options for you:

If you can share files or screenshots, I can try to point you to a recommended approach.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Lipski
SouravAudi
5 - Atom

Thanks for your Answer.

Let me give You an Example: 

I am doing a sales calculation I have prepared a excel format with Columns 'Product Id', 'Product Name', 'Unit_price' , 'unit ordered' and it has no values just column names.

Now when I have connect my Alteryx designer with Oracle database, I have coulmn names such as 'P_ID','P_name', 'U_P', and 'Unit_O' .

So I need to map the Columns that i have prepared in excel with the columns in the oracle.

And also if I connect to any other data source how can I  map with the columns that i have created in excel with the new data source.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think you would want to use a union tool with both inputs going into it and auto-configure by position or manually configure.

Apologies I'm not at my laptop right now, so cannot share an example.

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @SouravAudi 

Here's an example attached - You will just need to replace the text inputs with your real inputs.

Please let me know if this helps.

Joe Lipski
Labels