Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

DCM Connection

Sshasnk
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have setup an azure SQL ODBC connection in server and when I use it with my Alteryx designer it is working fine but when I share the workflow with a colleague it shows an error on the connection saying DCM: Invalid Connection 

I did some digging and found out that I have to share my DCM connection from server to all my colleagues but it works only when they run my workflow on the server but whenever they download it from the server or take the workflow the shared drive it shows DCM: Invalid Connection.

What is the way around for me to use this DCM connection so all the workflows should use only one connection ?

2 REPLIES 2
JMB001
8 - Asteroid

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/What-is-Data-Connection-Manager-DCM

"DCM does not allow users to share their connections with other users for them to use in Designer, currently. If this is a requirement, you should consider using Server Data Connection."

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

@Sshasnk If you and all of your users create an Alias named the same, you can share the workflow with one another and use it. But you will need to replace your connection string with the alias. 

Labels