Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Crosstab Help

MWon
7 - Meteor

Hello all, 

Right now, I currently have a crosstab result that looks like this 

MWon_0-1658355903619.png

The issue is that each user(s) have a different manager. However, the cross tab function seems to have removed that relationship between user and the manager. This means when I try to render out separate tables for each manager, the same users stick around in the top row because the relationship was lost. What can I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@MWon 
If I understand your intention correctly, you want the header to be dynamic and only users belong to that manager to be appear.

In that case, we can do a Batch Macro like below.

0721-MWon.PNG

MWon
7 - Meteor

Thank You, I am currently using an older version of Alteryx, so I cannot open your macro. Could you describe what you did to achieve that result? 

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@MWon 
below is the snapshot of the macro.
I use the manager name as control parameter, then move the most part of your original flow to the macro.

0721-MWon-1.PNG

MWon
7 - Meteor

I'm starting to get the general idea, however, I am having a bit of trouble setting up the macro, as I am not super familiar with using them. Would it be possible to see more on how you set up the settings for the macro themselves and your thought process?

SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

If you want to open the macro @Qiu created, you can edit the file to match your Alteryx version.

Open the file in a text editor like notepad or notepad++ and change it to match your version number and then save the file. Open it in Alteryx and you should be good.

SPetrie_0-1658374707277.png

I reattached Qiu's workflow and macro for you with the only change being that I edited it to be Alteryx version 2020.4.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@SPetrie 
Thank you very much for the help!

MWon
7 - Meteor

Than you for the help. I wanted to ask about if there was a way to adjust the macro such that in can take input later. In my original workflow, I am joining two databases and doing some processing before running the macro. However, the macro input tool only seems to accept raw text table or an existing file, which is not what I need. 

I've included screenshots below

MWon_0-1658419164510.png

MWon_1-1658419182788.png

Labels