Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab Help

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to Cross Tab some data based on cell phone service providers.  I am having an issue with cross tab not working.  I am trying to group together providers based on having the same name but located in a different state.  I have attached the data and what the desired result is.  Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@BrandonS4 
It is more a Summarize tool problem?

0126-BrandonS4.PNG

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Thank you for this suggestion.  I have never used the Concatenate function when doing using the Summarize tool so this was good to learn. Very helpful.  Thank you very much!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@BrandonS4 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark. 😁

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu What happens if Verizon is listed in the same state more than once?  For example, what if AT&T shows up in GA 3 times?  Wouldn't it duplicate the value in the summarize tool using concatenate?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@BrandonS4 
If AT&T shows up in GA 3 times and you dont want any duplicated names in the "State" column, we can do something like tihs.

0126-BrandonS4-r1.PNG

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

The issue I am having doing it that way is GA shows up 3 different times for AT&T and they also have 3 different amounts in GA.

Labels