Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a Pivot in Alteryx

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I've an extract of our planning engine, and I have to create pivots based on Item / Order type to workout what we can move to other Lines / Sites, but I can't get the pivot data to work for me in Designer, so looking for some help pls.

Getting this error in WF,everything up to the Pivot creation is running perfect, creating separate tab data in Exceel WB like I want it to, just can't get pivot data view. 

Sample of the pivot Data we extract from Excel, we also do a If Statement in the last column to say if we have no stock don't include it as excess. 

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Karl_Spratt 

The Item_Qty that you have as header in the Crosstab is not included in your data set. Perhaps you changed its name to Item?

If you are able to share the workflow.. this will be helpful. Cheers!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Karl_Spratt 
Agree with @christine_assaad , Can you give us a bit more info?

At least the "Order Type" Field is missing from your sample Excel File.

By any chance, the Field "Item_Qty" is deselected the Select Tool prior to the Cross Tab tool and causing the error?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Karl_Spratt , for some reason I believe this field looks missing before the cross tab tool kindly check the join and select tool if this particular field is deselected or as suggested kindly check if you have renamed this field and then try running the workflow again.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys,

WF not creating the last step the pivot views,  attached the CSV input file we run the WF on, ( I have changed some of it to "sample data" but columns, are the same.   We take the WF output, load it into this Excel T/plate and refresh the pivots manually.  looking to try have Alteryx create the complete package. 

Attached is the CSV input file, the t/plate and the Alteryx WF, if anyone could explain / show to me how I can create the pivots I'd be really thankful. 

TIA Karl 

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu,

Did you see my reply to the thread, with the additional sample data.  Can you take a look and advise if thes pivots can be replicated using Alteryx WF logic please.

TIA

Karl.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Karl_Spratt,

In the select tool before the cross tab you don't have a column with ITEM_QTY as a name:

Emil_Kos_0-1607418181755.png

I don't know the process but it looks like you want to use this column in your cross tab:

Emil_Kos_2-1607418339076.png

You need to change a column header function to a column that you want to have in the header. Like in exemple below:

Emil_Kos_3-1607418431022.png

This is helpful for you?

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Everyone I got there with all your help... 

I found also I made a mistake earlier in the WF, in the Summarize tool, I did a sum of the Qty, later in the Cross Tab, I also was summing this up, so was getting a "crazy" value. But all your help ( Everyone who answered) put me on the path to understanding, getting the exact pivot view like I have in Excel in my WF.   So Thank you all.

Cheers,

Karl. 

Labels