Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Yes/No Column based on Find String

jhan
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I am trying to create a table where it reads from the input, and creates the output as follows:

Input Output        
Features ParkingMicrowaveDryerGardenWashing MachineExercise RoomBalconyParkingDishwasher
Parking, Microwave, Dryer, Garden, Washing Machine YesYesYesYesYesNoNoNoNo
NULL NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Exercise Room, Balcony, Parking, Dishwasher, Dryer NoNoYesNoNoYesYesYesYes

I tried using IF formulas and Find Strings, but to no avail; they only worked for the first feature type, and it started getting a little screwy.

There are quite a few categories of features, and it would be ideal if it can somehow figure out what is contained in the "Features" column.

If not, there is a list of may be 50-60 items that can potentially show up on the features section.

If someone can point me in the right direction, or suggestion, would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @jhan,

This might be a solution for you? First you need to split to rows and transpose.

Then append all fields to your features and use the multi-field tool to identify matches.

Kind regards,

Yalmar

TrevorY
Alteryx
Alteryx

I've attached an example of how you might do this - I think the best way is to create a column for each of the possible amenities and create if/then statements for each one. I've attached a workflow that shows how you might go about this. 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

There's probably an easier way, but the attached workflow gets the result you are looking for.

Capture.PNG

jhan
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you everyone for your help!

I am learning alot through this community!

Labels