Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Count of Slashes

mmustkee
Comet

Hi Team,

Please refer attached sheet. I want to filter out from column 'Atta" where we have 6 digits code only. I am using filter option with expression "Length(ToString([Atta])) = 6" it is working on small data but If I try on huge data it does not show 4,5,3 digits data in false anchor. please explain.

mmustkee_0-1620537156858.png

Also Please help me in finding out Count of "/" from the column "Batta"

AttaBatta
14931656asd/tsr/bsr
1680292bsd/csd
1493bsd/ssd/tre/
14931ans/234/pol
16pol/sol
9col/sdf
1493AS/ASD/SDF
149316AS/ASD/SDF
149316AS/ASD/SDF
168029AS/ASD/SDF
3 ANTWORTEN 3
apathetichell
Pollux

Hi,

I'm not seeing any issues with your filter but the attached shows you how to count digits (via regex_countmatches) and how to count "/" from Batta using a non-regex way.

With the digit count you can use that in lieu of length and hopefully you won't see any issues. if you have a larger dataset and ATTA is a non-numeric field perhaps it contains some blank space which is part of the string field but not digits - and therefore creates a match for a length of 6.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mmustkee 

What exactly to you mean by " it does not show 4,5,3 digits data in false anchor".  Can you post a screen shot?  Also remember that if you're not looking at the results in a browse tool, only a partial set of the results will be displayed 

danilang_0-1620565749439.png

Dan

mmustkee
Comet

Thanks a lot.

That worked.

Beschriftungen