Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy value selected from drop down

Tam
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

I want the user to be able to copy the value from a drop down box ( Account number 13 characters) so that they can paste into a different to search for information. 

However I can not copy the selected value from a dropdown box. Has anyone got a solution to this they can share with me please. 

Thanks 

Tam 

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tam - If it's in Designer you can use a Browse tool to show this value after the workflow execution:

ArtApa_0-1685335251262.png

ArtApa_1-1685335280919.png

Tam
9 - Comet

@ArtApa works for designer however not for when running it from Gallery

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Tam - If you want to see the result on the Server, you need to add an Output data tool and write to yxdb. 

Tam
9 - Comet

Hi @ArtApa thanks. I should be more precise in describing the problem I am trying to solve. 

I have an app, where there is a dropdown list of account pair i.e NNNNNNNNNNNNN|nnnnnnnnnnnn. 

The user selects a pair (record) from the drop down. I want the user to be able copy the selected record, so that they can swivel chair into  another application to review these accounts: 

The user then type in their comments and complete the apps. 

I am not sure if this is possible.  

I've attached an app to illustrate.  

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels