Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copied macro not working

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi all,

I have a basic macro (copied from a post on here earlier) which takes the data from multiple excel spreadsheets from within a folder structure (50 sheets in this case) and merges it. The schemas in the spreadsheets are all the same. 

This is working fine on one workflow, but when I have copied and pasted it to a second workflow (and changed the appropriate inputs to the new file structure I want to use) it doesn't work. 

I've compared very carefully the settings of all of the tools and everything appears to be identical between the first and second.

PuffinPanic_0-1647956397036.pngFull file path (inc excel tab name) passed into macro

PuffinPanic_1-1647956570945.pngValue and 'replace string' values are identical

PuffinPanic_3-1647957528353.pngOutput after macro includes only 1 file path - there should be 50

In the non-working version, I am only getting the output from the specified 'example' file in the macro workflow, but repeated multiple times, I think once for each file that should be loading. 

My inability to work out what it wrong is driving me a bit crazy - especially considering it's a direct copy and I haven't changed any settings other than the file. Can anyone suggest anything to look at that could be causing the issue in the copied version of the macro please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The data that is entering the macro, do you have a list of all the files with the sheet names there? 

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, yes, all of the file names are input into the macro.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you could please share the macro and the file you are trying to read. Could be just a snippet. 

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

I've actually just found the issue - there was a capital letter (just one!) in the excel tab name in the macro that was not present on the excel spreadsheet. Clearly, I hadn't taken case sensitivity into account. I will be more careful in future.

Gabrielviella, thank you for looking into this for me. I appreciate you helping me to try to find the needle in the haystack.

Labels