Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to a sharepoint list in a SSO environment

franc1s
8 - Asteroid

Hello.

I am trying to connect to a sharepoint list that is hosted on a remote server. I am using the sharepoint list tool for that.

It asks for an url, email address and password. Our corporate environment works with SSO, so, typically I dont have to sign in when I access the list. I have tried a number of times with my email and password, but, I always get the same error (attached).

I am not sure if the SSO environment is what is causing the problem, but, I wonder if anyone that has the same setup had to overcome similar issues. I am very interested in how you resolved this.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Francis

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @franc1s 

This article addresses your issue and offers a few solutions: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Designer-Sharepoint-List-In... 

franc1s
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @BrandonB. I will follow up with our IT team. They should be able to provide the parameters for solution A. I do have access to the lists when reading them from excel or access.

franc1s
8 - Asteroid

I ended up having to go through an extra step. I can link to the sharepoint site from Access, and use the the database as input to my Alteryx workflow.

Labels