Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate sequential Row IDs (no patterns)

mbrenn207
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm using python to extract text from PDFs and in-turn parsing out relevant data that I need. The tool creates a unique row id for each line of text and in some cases the data I need is pushed to the next row id. I would like to concatenate these rows together so I can use regex to get the data I need.(e.g., concatenate Rows 1 with 2, 2 with 3, 3 with 4, and so on)  Any help is greatly appreciated. See attached for an example of my desired output.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mbrenn207 I have replicated this in Alteryx using a Multi Row Formula tool. Here is some more info about it:

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/multi-row-formula-tool

This will allow you to take your current String Text and concatenate to the value of String Text from the row below.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

is there a logic to dictate which rows get aggregated where? anything inside the rows? Is it always a static number of rows?

mbrenn207
6 - Meteoroid

hi - there was no logic, simply concatenating current row with next row. The expression in the multi-row tool worked and I should be able to achieve my goal. Thank you for the help.

Labels