Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining a singular tab from multiple workbooks with the same tab name, different schema

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello - I have 15 files all with around 10 tabs each and I am looking to combine just one of these tabs from each file into one one master file. The tab has the same name but different schemas across the 15 files.  How can I do this? I have tried different macros and the dynamic input tool but I am not having any success. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @Inactive User — What is the file-format? It's good to attach sample/dummy data to know more about your Input file and desired output file/drawing, both.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Please see example files zipped. There is this one tab I am interested in (GL Data) and would like to consolidate from across multiple different files in order to analyze and compare the information. 

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @Inactive User — Try this solution... you just need to write \Example*.xlsx in the end:

vizAlter_0-1601008249815.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@Inactive User — And, if you want to export the collected data from all the files to one Sheet, then here is the solution:

vizAlter_0-1601009207588.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @Inactive User — 

If this post solves your issue please mark the answer "Solved" or "Solved with a Like", if not let me know!

This will help other users find the same answer/resolution. Thank you.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @vizAlter - I ended up figuring it out using a macro I had. There was a glitch where the data wasnt showing up unless I added a select tool after the macro. Thanks anyway for your help! 

Labels