Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chaining Apps Error

anolivo
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am experiencing an error with chaining apps. 

The point of this app is to extract the zip codes within a radius around a county polygon. The first app is to select which state (one or more), and the second app should filter the counties down to the counties within that state. Then you can select a radius and extract those zip codes. 

The problem is, once the state is selected in the first app, it does not filter down to the counties within that state. It stays at the default filtered item from the filter tool, rather than updating based on the selection of the app. (Example: the filter defaults to Alabama, so only the Alabama counties filter in to the second app, even if California is selected).

I am looking for some guidance on what could be the issue with these apps. My output also doesn't work, but hopefully solving the first error will solve the output error too.

Thank you for any help,

Ashley 

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @anolivo,

Your List Box tool must be configured to reference an External Source! In the first app, just make sure to use a Summarize tool on the County, renaming the two fields to be NAME and VALUE.

alexnajm_0-1678736611389.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

App1

alexnajm_1-1678736715945.png

App 2

alexnajm_2-1678736764023.png

anolivo
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful, it's now working on my end. Much appreciated!

BretCarr
10 - Fireball

I just found this interactive video from Alteryx that answers this in a shockingly brief video. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Labels