Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CSV not importing all the data from Sharepoint

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to import a CSV file from a Sharepoint site with some data on Dates (file attached).

sau953_1-1685429729306.png

Sharepoint input tool configuration looks like this:

sau953_0-1685429653096.png

However, I get the following output which does not make sense. I get only 1 column and that too incorrect. 

sau953_2-1685429822009.png

I am facing similar weird issue with other CSVs I have. And this issue has started happening only in the past few days. Prior to that I have been working with the same files and the same Alteryx tools for the past 2 months and never had any issues with any CSV file. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sau953,

Which SharePoint Tool Version are you using? I also had these probs a while back with 2.2.

2.1 worked well - don't know about the newer ones, but downgrading should help. 

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

I have been using 2.4 (the latest one) since its launch in March and it has been working fine for the past 2 months but suddenly now does not work. 

I will try to use 2.1, thanks!

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately 2.1 also didn't work. 

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

nvm - stupid comment :D 

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Found the solution !!

As it turns out, even if one installs the latest Sharepoint tool (2.4.0) the older versions of the same tool can still override it. 

I uninstalled Alteryx, deleted all the folders related to it including the tools folder which had 4 different versions of the Sharepoint tool and then did a fresh install.

This finally solved all the issues. All files now getting imported perfectly like before. 

Labels