Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

CReW Macro Wildcard XLSX Input: Specify sheets to be included

haraldharders
9 - Comet

Wildcard XLSX Input needs a list of sheets to be excluded. While this is useful in many cases, it would frequently be better if we could specify the list of sheets to be included, instead:

haraldharders_0-1668414069342.png

I would like to propose this enhancement. 

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@haraldharders ,

Thank you for your suggestion.  While my friend @Joe_Mako authored this macro, I'd be happy to zoom with you and record a YouTube video on how to modify the macro to suit your needs.  If you PM me that you're willing to get your fingers dirty, I'll send you a link to setup a meeting with me.  We can modify a version of the macro to include/exclude.

RADIO BUTTON (INCLUDE or EXCLUDE) - One choice only.  

Currently there is a JOIN where only the RIGHT (not-EXCLUDED) Sheet Names move forward.  We can UNION the results from the JOIN and from the RIGHT.  On each of these connectors (between the JOIN and the UNION) we can place a SAMPLE tool with 0 records sampled.  When the exclusion or inclusion feature is enabled, we will reset the value for the desired data to a  very large number.

I think that should solve the ask.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
haraldharders
9 - Comet

@MarqueeCrew ,

that sounds like a good idea. However, I'm rather interested in a solution which is included in the CReW macro package rather than generating a local modified copy which separates me from further improvements on this macro. So if we do the modification together and the CReW macros are updated accordingly, I am happy to contribute.

Best regards

Harald

Labels