Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Error unsure how to resolve

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hey all, 

I have a batch macro in my workflow that I am using on 5 different sets of input data - 4 Qs in 2019 and 1 Q in 2018 data. The 2018 data seems to be formatted the same (besides the fact that I had to shift the rows up three times). I can't tell why the batch macro isn't working for this particular input but is working for the other 4 inputs. Included are screenshots of the workflow. 

BSmithPdubz_1-1597768601238.png

The error is relating to the formula tool selected here in the second picture

BSmithPdubz_0-1597768565726.png

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error? If any additional info is needed, please let me know. 

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BSmithdubz 

It looks like the data in the other 4 is getting loaded into a string data field. Most likely there is a character somewhere in that column that is not a number. It could even be a row that just has a space in it. Try loading the data separately and use a select tool to change the type to numeric. If that works, do the same inside the macro.

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

This worked - I essentially just mimicked the select tool that is inside of the macro, outside of the macro. I guess I don't understand why it worked considering it should be doing the exact same thing (changing the same rows to the same types). So I guess the select tool within the macro isnt doing its job, but only for this particular input file? Thanks for the solution either way. 

Labels