Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

Based on a Group Creating an outcome based on x crtieria

Masond3
アステロイド

Hi Team. 

I need some assistance,

I am performing fuzzy matching to find potential duplicates in our system, whilst analyzing the results i have noticed that in some instances its giving me false positives which i need to identify. 

To eliminate these false positives i was thinking about creating an additional column to call out that its not a duplicate based on certain rules.

Using the the example Below the logic should work as follows ;

NB : 

• Only assess values within a group
    • If Count of Group = 2 and  Source= FINRA & the IDs are different then "Not a Duplicate" 
    • If Count of Group = 2 and  Source= FCA  & the IDs are different then "Not a Duplicate" 
Group Name IDSourceNameOutcome
8650Mason LTD11111FINRACRDNot a duplicate
8650Mason LTD22222FINRACRDNot a duplicate
8651Amazon Ltd33333FCAFCANot a duplicate
8651Amazon Ltd33334FCAFCANot a duplicate
8652Alteryx PLC 11111FINRACRD 
8652Alteryx PLC     
8653Tesla Ltd11111FINRACRD 
8653Tesla Ltd33333FCAFCA 
8654Costa11111FINRACRD 
8654Costa    
8654Costa33333FCAFCA 

Looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards

Masond3

5件の返信5
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - If you can define rules, you can then take the "Not a duplicate" records out before or after the Fuzzy Match tool using a simple Join. However, the example that you provided does not look as a use case for Fuzzy Matching.

Masond3
アステロイド

@ArtApa my matching is based on name and address, In the example above ., the matching identified these as a duplicate as the name and address is the same, however it had a different source and ud , and that’s why I want the formula to tell me after the algorithm to run thats it’s nit a match 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - If I understood you correctly, here is how your solution may look like:

ArtApa_0-1636016578177.png

Please check 8653. It looks like it's "Not a duplicate".

Masond3
アステロイド

@ArtApa  Thank you for providing this example. Looking at 8653 the correct answer is in Column "Outcome" ,
Why is this correct : as 8653 have a count of 2, but there 2 different sources, then these need two records need to be compared, therefore there shouldnt be a value populated in "outcome 2"

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - Understood and fixed.

ArtApa_0-1636018015016.png

ラベル