Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Ayx-python-sdk: DLL load failed

GavinVolpe
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community,

I am experiencing an issue with my custom Alteryx tool that I created using ayx-python-sdk==2.1.2. When running the tool, I receive the following error:

Error: GPT (1): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "g_p_t.py", line 17, in <module>
from ayx_python_sdk.core import (
File "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools\GPT\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\core\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
from .field import Field, FieldType
File "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools\GPT\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\core\field.py", line 18, in <module>
import pyarrow as pa
File "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools\GPT\Lib\site-packages\pyarrow\__init__.py", line 65, in <module>
import pyarrow.lib as _lib
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing lib: The specified procedure could not be found.

Interestingly, I am not even using pyarrow in my script, but it seems to be related to the ayx-python-sdk.

So far, I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling ayx-python-sdk and pyarrow in the Alteryx Designer's Miniconda environment (in the Alteryx bin folder) Screenshot 2023-04-24 060009.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 060016.png
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling ayx-python-sdk and pyarrow in the custom tool's environment Screenshot 2023-04-24 055659.png
  3. Trying multiple versions of pyarrow, but the error persists.

Here are some additional details:

• Python Version: 3.8.5 64bit
  • Alteryx Designer Version: 2022.3?450
  • Operating System: Windows 11 64 bit
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2022 x64

I have attached screenshots of each step I've taken to troubleshoot this issueScreenshot 2023-04-24 054624.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 054402.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 054103.pngScreenshot 2023-04-24 054125.png

metadata is not showing up in the column dropdowns not sure if that has something to do with this, just thought I would point that out.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve this error? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Gavin Volpe

0 REPLIES 0
Labels