Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automate Workflows when input file (Excel) is added

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

Hi All 

It tried to search for this solution if there is one. Is there a way to kick off a workflow when someone adds a new file to where you point your input tool to? 

I currently have a workflow in which every month some adds a download file from one of our servers via excel. instead of me going in and executing the workflow I was curious if there was a feature or something I can write to execute this command. We do not have a server yet...

Thank you Community 

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I know that you mentioned that you don't have server yet, but that is definitely a situation where an analytic app would make a lot of sense. You could allow for a file browse to be leveraged so that an end user could point to a file. 

Arkouda
8 - Asteroid

is there a work around to this - like a macro

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Unfortunately not. The process will either need to be set to run on a schedule or you will need to deploy an analytic app that an end user interfaces with. Both options will require server to do so. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels