Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Are values within a group equal

harrietcosgrove
5 - Atom

I have a dataset where I need to check if within a group, everything appears the same number of times and mark them either yes or no.

For example, I have made a basic dataset where I have grouped by the first column and second column and done a count of the 'Name' in each group. I need to be able to mark if each name appears the same number of times as the other names in the group and then have a column which says YES or NO. I am struggling to create a formula to be able to compare with each other just within a group and then do the next group etc. I have tried the multi - row formula tool but not getting the output by group as I expected.

on this example, Group Name A, B and D would have "Yes" as all the names appear same number of times, Group Name C would have "No" as A appears 2 times and B and C appears once.

harrietcosgrove_0-1664273455830.png

3 REPLIES 3
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@harrietcosgrove 

Find in attachement a way of doing this.

Let me know if there is any issue and please do not hesitate to mark this answer as solution if it helped.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664274422923.png

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@harrietcosgrove Another way of doing this

binuacs_0-1664276862514.png

harrietcosgrove
5 - Atom

Thank you! This worked, just needed to add in a unique tool for the specific data I was using as it was more complex but this solution is great :)

Labels