Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

App Date Validation

sp210708
8 - Asteroid

I'm trying to create an App where they can enter in an Effective Date in the future.

Right now I am using the Date Interface tool.

The issue is that Effective dates are only allowed to be on the first of the Month (and only in the future).

Is there a way to restrict so if someone selects a day in the middle of the month it won't allow submission?

If there isn't a solution for this is it best to change from a Date interface tool to split into 2 separate inputs for Month/Year?

That could solve the middle of the month problem but not blocking from an effective date in the past being entered.

Thanks,

Shane

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sp210708 

You can add an Error Message interface tool and add the logic to validate the entered date in the Expression.  

c.png

If the Expression evaluates to true, the Message is shown and the user is returned to enter a new date  

r.png

Dan

sp210708
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @danilang - that is exactly what I was looking for,

Shane

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels