Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic app with macro within the app

Jes
8 - Asteroid

I have a process where Alteryx converts a .xls file to .xlsx file via batch macro. The .xlsx file is then read in using dynamic input and used in subsequent steps.

Given that the files are stored on Sharepoint, I had to use interface tools to allow a user to select their sharepoint username upon triggering an analytical app, which then updates Sharepoint usernames that were hardcoded in Alteryx.

Where I am having problems is:

1. I cannot save this workflow as an analytical app. The selection criteria is greyed out.

2. The reason the macro has an output anchor is because the file conversion needs to be finished prior to the rest of the processes running. 

3. Because I cannot save the workflow as an analytical app, other uses cannot run this workflow.

Any suggestions on what I can do here?

JH0123_0-1616696869170.png

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Jes if you have a macro input or macro output tool on your canvas then your workflow cannot be an analytic app, and this is why the option is greyed out.

You state that the reason you have a macro output is because there are further processes, which I'm guessed must take place in the 'outer layer' workflow...

Workflow A > pass data to macro > pass data back to workflow A for further processes

If this is the case it sounds like you should be converting your workflow to an app and not your macro. You'd have to add on a further layer of interface tools in your workflow in order to then control the interface tools in the macro.

Ben

Labels