Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic App - Summarize values help

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I am trying to implement this into my app 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/App-allowing-users-to-manipulate-the-s...

But i cannot seem to get it working.

I am not sure on how to update the update value to my union tool. In his example above he replaces "a". however i am not sure on how to configure this for my union tool..

wonka1234_2-1678299869698.png

wonka1234_3-1678299886991.png

wonka1234_4-1678299900408.png

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In your second screenshot, you have the first line selected/highlighted in Blue.

Select the third line, not the first.

Chris

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@ChrisTX  thanks seems to be working better.. but when i use the wizard tool i am getting the wrong fields showing up.

wonka1234_0-1678303045296.png

how come im getting the original columns here

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I "think" this is right.  Post your app and I can help better.

In your first screenshot:

ChrisTX_0-1678303543348.png

The output from the first tool should go into the Action tool input, right anchor

Chris

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@ChrisTX 

attached workflow.

Two notes,

1) Union tool : im not really using the text input, in reality it is a much a larger workflow where I have a union tool instead of text tool.

2) Dynamic headers: it is part of a chained app, so headers are not static, they will change based on a users input(i have it chained where i use list values of external files to get dynamic headers)

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I haven't used the Tree tool before.  I'm not able to run your app because the file "tree.csv" is missing.

In Alteryx, under the Interface tab, when you click the Tree tool, click Open Example and run the example app.

There is no Tool Mastery article for the Tree tool.

Chris

Labels