Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ampersand in Interface Question/Label

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Good morning.

I've found that the ampersand (&) will not display within the interface question/label.  I've tried escaping it, enclosing within both single and double quotes, but it does not display.  Is this as known issue or by desgin?  I've just typed out the word and but curious about why & will not display.

For instnace:

This & That displays as This That

This \& That displays as This \ That

This "&" That displays as This "" That

etc.

5 REPLIES 5
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Robin_McIntosh just had a play and I think you need to double it (e.g. "this && that")

OllieClarke_0-1677775141106.png

Ollie

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@OllieClarke - Thanks!  Didn't think to double it up.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@OllieClarke - Here's an update.  When in Designer, && is required to disply as a single & within the analytic app interface.  However, when I move to the Gallery, a single & will display correctly.  Not a big issue on my end, but figured I'd mention that for anyone else.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Robin_McIntosh does that mean that if you double ampersand it, it will display as double on gallery?

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@OllieClarke - Yes.  Once I was finished designing/testing an app in Designer, I moved over to Gallery and saw the double &&.  I changed it back to a single & and it displayed correctly.

Labels