Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx designer slow

amamuric
6 - Meteoroid

Is anybody else’s designer slow today?  I have tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested in the community, but still getting a message - Alteryx (not responding) every time I try to run a workflow.  

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amamuric 
By any chances, you have a remote link in your workflow whici is not working anymore?

amamuric
6 - Meteoroid

Not that I am aware of.  I have been practicing on a few of the old weekly challenges to get ready for the certification exam. Could that be the issue?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @amamuric 

Unless your workflow calls an external site using a download tool, Python or R tool, Designer doesn't call out to the internet aside from the license check when the application first runs

Are you getting a message in your results window saying "your machine is running low on virtual memory".  If so make sure all other processes are turned off.  What are the specs of the machine you're using.

Dan

Labels