Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx automation Desktop (Scheduling)

AT_AYX
8 - Asteroid

Hey everyone,

I keep having the same error while scheduling a workflow (Remote Storage Error.)

This error only pops up when the workflow involves DBs (writing and/or reading) even though I configured the scheduler as this article showed https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Configure-Desktop-with-Scheduler-1583460917472 and added the run as a user.

The error exists whether I choose to run from disk or in Scheduler DB.

Could you please help me resolve this?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
devinrahn
5 - Atom

I am running into this problem as well. Very frustrating. These are workflows I was running on schedule for months and months without issue, and now they fail every time. 

The workflows run perfectly fine outside of Scheduler. This is making Scheduler virtually useless.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

turn off amp.

AT_AYX
8 - Asteroid

Hello @devinrahn 

I found out that there may be a problem with DCM (Data Connection Manager).

Please try to deselect the DCM and configure the connection with DSN/DSN-less because that is how it worked for me

AT_AYX
8 - Asteroid

Hello @apathetichell ,

It didn't work for me.

Drvt6713
8 - Asteroid

@AT_AYX 

I found out from Support that the Scheduler is not compatible with any flows that use any of the new Python based tools such as connectors.  Rendered the use of scheduler for most of my planned flows as incompatible.  Not sure if this will help with your flow or not.

AT_AYX
8 - Asteroid

@Drvt6713 

Unfortunately, this is not my case; I only use input/output data tools to read/write to a DB.

But good to know, thank you !!

ShaneXue
6 - Meteoroid

Have you solved this issue? I encountered the same problem as well, whenever I use in-db tool, I get the same error as you. so sad!!

AT_AYX
8 - Asteroid

Hey @ShaneXue,

Sorry for the late response, but did you try it without DCM?

Labels