Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding row to table - finding percentage of grand total over a dynamic value.

Sohdaw
8 - Asteroid

H

I have a workflow which has 4 of the below tables. Based on the grand total, i need to get the percentage figure. Note that the Limit amount (in the below case as 100M) is dynamic - ie. for table 2 it is - 70M, table 3 - 50M, table 4 - 200M. What is the easiest way for me to get the last row?

Eg. Table 1

Limit 100M     
DescriptionDate T-1Date TDate T+1Date T+2Date T+3
abc     
def     
Grand totalxyetc  
% of Limit  x/100My/100Metc  
3 REPLIES 3
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Sohdaw 

Here is one way to achieve your goal.

FinnCharlton_0-1673540111352.png

Sohdaw
8 - Asteroid

Hi @FinnCharlton , thanks for that! it worked. 

As an extension to the question, if i want to have conditional formatting on the grand total and Limit % cells, to flag in red in either cases - 

1) if any figure is <0

2) if limit is exceeded

How can i get that outcome in a workflow?

Sohdaw
8 - Asteroid

I managed to add conditional formatting in the front of the workflow, where the Grand total and limit % values are being tabulated, with the help of a table tool and find replace tool, before joining the data (rows which make up the grand total) together. It works at this point when i check with a browse tool. 

However the conditional formatting applied in the front does not stick all the way till the end of the workflow. I have a few cross tabs / transpose tools after that conditional formatting. How can i achieve the outcome to flag in red in either cases? 

1) if any figure is <0

2) if limit is exceeded

Labels