Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add new row and data rollover from last quarter is required

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

I have attached excel where I want data in Column B every quarter which is different input file and Values of column B should be rolled to Column C in same sheet.

Meaning current quarter values should be in Column B and rest quarters should be after that in C,D,E like this.

Not sure if it is possible in Alteryx or not.

Can someone help me with this?

To explain further:

I want data in Column B every quarter when we run Alteryx. And data in Column B Should be shifted to Column C of previous quarter.

Eg:

Column B has data of July 

Column C has data of April

When we run Alteryx for month of Sep then it should be in below columns

Column B - Sep

Column C - June

Column D - April

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Instructions unclear. Can you rephrase your question please? What do you mean different input file? What are you wanting to do exactly?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

I want data in Column B every quarter when we run Alteryx. And data in Column B Should be shifted to Column C of previous quarter.

Eg:

Column B has data of July 

Column C has data of April

When we run Alteryx for month of Sep then it should be in below columns

Column B - Sep

Column C - June

Column D - April

Does it make the requirement clear now?

@caltang 

CoG
13 - Pulsar

What does your input look like specifically (do you have 2 inputs: one with the new column data, and another with the data to be shifted)? And are you overwriting columns at the end of the process or are you continually extending them? (e.g. next quarter would then push data to Column E then F, etc.)

If you have all the data from previous quarters, adding a new column in Alteryx to that table is not hard.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels