Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

APP with a Check Button

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello.

I´m working in my fist Alteryx APP, this one need just one check Button.

check_box.jpg

What I want is the following, if the user doesn’t click in the check box the app should not work, even if he/she press finish, and also, I don’t know exactly the configuration that I must use in the formula option in order to do just that.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

I think in this case, you'd just want to use the error message tool. The example built into Alteryx is a check for exactly this purpose i.e. checking whether or not a check box has been ticked:

DataNath_0-1654008521014.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @neromerob,

You can also just use the check box to enable or disable a container. If you disable the container with the tick box nothing will run.

IraWatt_0-1654008832232.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

@neromerob you can use the container and the action tool with the tick box as also explained by @IraWatt. That way you will achieve the desired results.

Regards,

Aakash

neromerob
10 - Fireball

@IraWatt 

Hello, it actually works...kind of, I mean if i check the button, nothing happens and the should be the other way around. Any sugestions on how to fix it? 

get_report.jpg

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @neromerob its a bit silly that its the wrong way round but you can do this:

IraWatt_0-1654013961903.png

IF ![#1] THEN 'True' ELSE 'False' ENDIF
Labels