Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AIS Parsing

samxhander09
8 - Asteroid

Hi community,

I am very new to Alteryx Intelligence Suite. I have 16 pages of PDF and im trying to parse specific info. I have highlighted the info I want to output.

My problem is, I have input where there's an additional data, example for Department of National Zoo and Defense, there is a data for Monthly Income to be added to weekly, but for National Daycare there's none. And there's 16 departments, no way to tell what dept's gonna get the monthly income by next report. How can I make this possible? How can I parse? I have attached an example of my desired output.

Thank you, help is very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What version of AIS are you using? My thought is that you can use the PDF to Text tool to read in everything (Text Content Only) and use some sort of Multi-Row Formula logic to mark which values to pull across.

samxhander09
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @alexnajm , think im using the recent one. And yes I read it in via PDF to text but I'm struggling to figure out what logic I could possible use to parse the details needed for output.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you send us your workflow then we can take a look!

samxhander09
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I somehow figured it out by using Formula IF Contains. Thanks for the help!

Labels