Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Need help || Designer Cloud Core Certification

RE5260
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

There were certain questions on the "Designer Cloud Core Certification" test that required me to either —- Paste the recipe step that I use for items or —- Paste the recipe step that I copied here.

How am I expected to correctly type out or copy and paste the recipe steps?

Is it appropriate to write as —

Change Column type -> Select column: <column name> -> New type: <Data-type> -> Add

Note: Since it would go against the exam's regulations, I won't be uploading any questions. I merely needed more information. kindly assist

5 REPLIES 5
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hi @RE5260 - this might be something to do with what version of Designer Cloud you're using.  If you're using the beta you won't see the recipe field on the right. If you do see the recipe field on the right, it should be easy enough to just copy and past the relevant step.  

Are you able to share an image of your Designer Cloud without giving away any Core cert questions/answers o?

Shifty

ccarreras
7 - Meteor

Might be too late to help you out...but to copy-paste out of Designer Cloud (Trifacta Classic), you'll want to follow these steps:

1. Open the recipe panel on the right side of the screen.

2. Click the three dots icon next to the step that you want to copy.

3. From the pop-up menu, click "Copy".

Here's a screenshot (not showing any steps from the certification):

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 11.35.21 AM.png

zuqhame
5 - Atom

Hi,

I also need some help with this question, I am using the web designer cloud. Anyone please provide clarity how you really copy the recipe.

Thanks in advance.

nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @zuqhame,

The previous comment covers copying and pasting a recipe step. But this action -- as well as copying a whole recipe -- only makes sense in the context of the Designer Cloud (Trifacta Classic) application. To elaborate, there are two Designer Cloud applications in the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform (AACP):

• Designer Cloud (Designer Experience): this will be very familiar to current users of Alteryx Designer
  • Designer Cloud (Trifacta Classic): this will be very familiar to current users of Trifacta

The Core Certification materials currently assume the latter application. You can control which Designer Cloud applications are available in AACP by adjusting the Designer Cloud Settings (i.e., Admin console > Settings > Designer Cloud Settings) in the top right corner of the AACP landing page. There is more about this in the following threads:

Getting back to your question about copying a recipe: once you are working in Designer Cloud (Trifacta Classic), you can copy a recipe by clicking the recipe, clicking the context menu in the top right corner, and then selecting 'Make a copy' -- please see screenshot, attached.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes, and if there are any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Nathanael

jhoney12
5 - Atom

I need assistance with a question regarding the web designer cloud. Can someone please clarify how to effectively copy the recipe? Thanks in advance.