Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Designer Cloud: No suitable driver found

waltg
5 - Atom

I am trying to connect from trial Designer Cloud to Snowflake trial and have that message.

SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc❄️//app.snowflake.com/east-us-2.azure.snowflakecomputing.com/?db=SNOWFLAKE_SAMPLE_DATA&warehouse=COMPUTE_WH&application=Tri...

Is there any chance that I set sth wrong?

Should I install on cloud there?

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Does the trial version support JDBC connections? I think it said that it specifically didn't as of a few months ago...

waltg
5 - Atom

Haven't heard about that. Thanks apathetichell.
I think I can't choose different way to connect to Snowflake, that mean I can't check how AC works with SF which was the most important thing for me to check. What a pity.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I could be wrong - I'll do some tests this weekend and see how far along I get.

One quick check - this part: app.snowflake.com/ is off in  your connection string - it should be your account_identifier.snowflakecomputing.com - in classic console this was a bit easier to follow but in the current UI take for example:

https://app.snowflake.com/prod3.us-west-2.aws/XXXXXX/

XXXXXX is your account identifier.

a classic connection string would look like:

jdbc:snowflake://xy12345.snowflakecomputing.com/?user=peter&warehouse=mywh&db=mydb&schema=public

waltg
5 - Atom

Wow, I connected in!
It started working when I specified as the account: xx12345.east-us-2.azure, without giving a region it did not want to connect.
You had a good idea with that account. That error message I was receiving is so confusing.

All the best apathetichell

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

TBH - snowflake is the main culprit here. When they swapped ui's they made it much more difficult to pin down the account_ids...

sireeshagandam
8 - Asteroid

Good