Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx 11.7 Server Storage of Workflows

EEdLoh
8 - Asteroid

I've been asked to supply an app that searches the current workflows on the Gallery for the Database tables and schemas that are used and which flows they are in. Since the flows have to be stored on the Server somewhere, my idea is to find them and iterate through them searching for SQL queries and grab the tables from there. It doesn't really matter to me by what means this is accomplished (Python, Java, Alteryx or some combo thereof are most readily available)

I found this post which contains a workflow to find and download workflows from the server. It looks like it's accessing the AS_Applications collection in the MongoDB, but when I go there with Robo 3T (formerly RoboMongo), the only field that I see that could be the flow is __ServiceData. After Decoding __ServiceData with Python, all I've gotten is a formatted string that holds some generic info about the flow; possibly because I'm using a different version of Alteryx(?). After poking around a little more, I found AS_Applications.Files, but it only has one record despite having more than one flow saved in the Gallery. Lastly, I found AS_App_Chunks.Files. This collection has several records, but I haven't figured out how to identify them by flow name and the Data entry there decodes as a bunch of symbols.

So, the questions are:

1. How do I get the XML versions of the workflows from the Mongo?

2. Or are they stored on the server elsewhere?

3. Is there a better way to scrape query data form the workflows en masse?

3 REPLIES 3
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

+1 on needing a solution here.  Still quite a bit of missing functionality for Alteryx Server/Gallery administrators.

To list a couple...

• Inability to download/open ANY package stored on the Gallery or in the Scheduler DB - regardless of studio or publicity
  • Inability to FILTER ANYTHING when looking at the "Jobs" page in the Admin console.
    • We have 20+ pages of scheduled jobs that can only be sorted and paginated through.  I mean, c'mon..
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Adding an arbitrary comment just help float this discussion ;-)

EEdLoh
8 - Asteroid