Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

SQL Server's auth option equivalent to "Azure Active Directory - Universal with MFA"

isaac_ma
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to connect to our database in Alteryx Designer but encountered issues in connection/credential setting.

Grateful if you could give a hand on this.

I managed to connect to the database successfully with SQL Server Management Suite with the authentication method of "Azure Active Directory - Universal with MFA".

However, I cannot find an exact option in Alteryx and, thus, having difficulty in the setting.

I am just an user of the SQL Server database, and have no administrative right. It is somehow unable to use authentication method other than "Azure Active Directory - Universal with MFA" to access. Thus, any API key method, SQL Server local user, etc, which need additional setting in server side will not be feasible in my case.

Apologize in advance that that I am new to Alteryx and have no knowledge in complicated connection string setting for DB connection. I believe my setting, e.g. Scope in Credential, is not correct.

I attached screenshots of my setting.

"azureConnection1_SSMS_1 & 2 "shows the setting and proven successful result for the connection in SSMS.

azureConnection1_SSMS_1.pngazureConnection1_SSMS_2.png

"alteryx1 & 2" shows the current setting in Alteryx and the error I encountered.

alteryx1.PNGalteryx2.PNG

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @isaac_ma , error message says you don't have odbc driver installed. Could you pls check that you have ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server installed on your machine?
FYI: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Data-source-name-not-found-and-no-default-driver-speci...

Ondrej